Amla or Indian Gooseberry has many therapeutic benefits. Hence, this translucent fruit is considered to be one of the most important plants in Indian traditional medicine Ayurveda. The fruit has an unique balance of sour, sweet, pungent and bitter tastes. It is richly charged with loads of antibacterial and antioxidant compounds that clean up the human body off all the toxins. Its aroma keeps the mosquitoes and other pests away from stored food items in ordinary households.
The Indian Gooseberry is a rich source of Vitamin C and polyphenols in nature. Incidentally, polyphenol has antioxidant property that prevents the damage of membrane and internal organs from free radicals produced in the body. Amla also has the ability to fight serious diseases such as different types of cancers and cardiovascular diseases due to the presence of other biologically active compounds. From Ayurveda standpoint, the fruit can help balance all the three doshas or imbalances in the body. Hence, it is believed to holistically treat many health problems. In this article, we will be looking at different health benefits of Amla.
If you are looking for Buy Amla Juice and Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Digestion you can get here
1. Boosts Hair Growth: The constituents such as iron and antioxidants present in the fruit help people to reduce hair loss. They do not allow free radicals to damage the hair follicles.
This way they enhance the hair growth. These constituents also prevent the premature greying of hairs.
2. Improves Eyesight: The carotene present in Amla maintains the health of eyes, reduces intraocular tension and avoids cataracts.
3. Improves Digestion: Fibre-rich Indian gooseberry improves bowel movements and reduces constipation. Another constituent found in the fruit improves digestion by stimulating gastric juice secretion. The fruit also facilitates the absorption of nutrients and minerals in the gut.
4. Diabetes Management: The fruit has a therapeutic effect on diabetic patients due to the presence of chromium metal in compounded form. The organo-metallic compound present in this fruit reduces the level of glucose in blood by stimulating the production of insulin. The same compound also reduces LDL cholesterol in the blood by facilitating beta-blocker expression on the cell surfaces.
5. Liver Detoxification: It increases the frequency and volume of urination. In this way, the fruit removes the toxins from the body with the help of water, which is an universal solvent.
6. Improves Appetite: Amla improves appetite by stimulating gastric juice production in the stomach.
7. Slows Down Ageing: The high amount of antioxidants in the fruit prevents cells from getting damaged due to free radicals. These compounds snuff out all the free radicals formed in the body.
8. Enhances immunity: Amla has antibacterial and astringent attributes. Therefore, it helps in increasing a person's immunity and protects his body from various infections.