However, if your current employer is not open to flexible working then choosing a different vocation to move into becomes difficult.
That is why we've made this list for you on the 5 best part time jobs for new mums.
- Teaching Assistant - Teaching assistants support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. The job will depend on the school and the age of the children.Previous qualifications in nursery work, childcare, play work or youth work can be useful for finding work. If you have enough experience of working with children or can show employers that you have the right personality and potential, they may take you on and train you on the job. Volunteering to help in a local school for a few hours a week is a good way to start. also know more about Recruitment Agencies Kent and Part Time Local Jobs
2. Markers or proof-readers- If you have impeccable English spelling & grammar skills, and have experience in marking, critiquing and proofreading students’ work, there are lots of writing and marking jobs available.
Proofreading, marking and critiquing academic work is a popular service. Alongside marking coursework, you will provide a thorough critique of the content of the piece, giving the client pointers and tips in order to improve their work and increase their grade.Most marking and moderation is carried out online which means you can work from home and still be available to care for your child.
3. Delivery service- Part-time delivery agents often get to fix their own hours.
You can also apply for this job during peak season such as Christmas when there is a greater need for drivers.
You already run errands all the time for your family so why not use this skill to earn some decent money!
GPS enabled phones will help you reach places that you're not familiar with.
You can work as a delivery driver with courier agencies, a food company or our favourite- a florist so that you'll deliver bundles of love and happiness all around.
4. Zumba Instructor- Now this is a really fun option available to working mums.
Zumba is a form of vigorous and really effective exercise and if you can teach it, you'll be keeping yourself fit, de-stressing yourself and earning a good deal of money.
By doing this job, you'll feel a sense of fulfilment because you might be saving lives as helping people stay healthy will enable them to live long lives.
You'll need just one day to become a certified Zumba instructor using Zumba's certification program.
You can teach Zumba at corporate events, health centres, companies private gyms, retirement homes and many other places.
5. Tax Preparer- If you're good with numbers, then this job will suit you well.
Being a tax preparer will let you choose your own hours as it is a very flexible job.
What's more, you'll be busy during tax season but can take some quality time off during the rest of the year.
You can work as a tax preparer in an accounting firm or a tax preparation business. With tax going digital this year, it will benefit you to understand some of the more popular online systems such as Xero.